Let's Get Back On Track!

Once when I rolled my car into the starting point of a local automatic car wash, I didn’t know that my left front tire was not properly lined up with the track. The car wash started, but my car wasn’t moving. When I  accelerated, it caused my tire to jump the track.

Now I was stuck — I couldn’t move forward or backward. The car wash continued through its cycle without my car. Meanwhile, cars began lining up and waiting for me. I was glad when two workers at the station helped me get my car back on the track.

In our Christian lives, we sometimes get off track as well. For a Bible example, David committed adultery with Bathsheba and later ordered that her husband be put “in the forefront of the hottest battle” and left there to be killed (2 Samuel 11:3-4,15-17). David’s actions were way out of alignment with how God wanted him to behave as His chosen king. David needed help in getting back on track.

The Bible says: Then the Lord sent Nathan to David” (2 Samuel 12:1).

He confronted him about stealing another man’s wife, and David wisely repented (2 Samuel 12:13). Nathan took a risk to help David get right with God, even though his sin still had dire consequences.

Beloved, does someone we know need our help in getting back on track? Do we need help in getting back on track? Whatever the situation is, let’s get back on track!

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Articles:

Comments