"Let Me Live Another Day And I Will Live The Way I Pray"

"I knelt to pray when day was done
And prayed, O Lord, bless everyone,
Lift from each saddened heart the pain
And let the sick be well again.

And then I woke another day
And carelessly went upon my way,
The whole day long I did not try
To wipe a tear from any eye.

I did not try to share the load
Of any brother on the road.
I did not even go to see
The sick man just next door to me.

Yet once again when day was done I prayed,
O Lord, bless everyone.
But as I prayed, into my ear
There came a voice that whispered clear,

Pause now, my son, before you pray.
Whom have you tried to bless today?
God’s sweetest blessings always go
By hands that serve him here below.

And then I hid my face and cried,
Forgive me, God, I have not tried.
But let me live another day
And I will live the way I pray.Nelta Brock

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments