Ready For Faith?

Can you say that you are ready to step out in faith? Suppose that God disappoints you? This won’t be the first time either. The very thing you have been praying about earnestly isn’t happening. In fact, you can’t seem to find any solutions after prayer.

The cancer is spreading; the child is still rebelling; the job has not come through; your husband is unfaithful……the list goes on and on. You have been beseeching God to supply His goodness to the circumstances of your life, but your prayers seem to go unanswered.

Now what? Can you still say, “Yes, Lord, I believe”? Are you ready for a faith that doesn’t seem to be working? Does your faith depend on the answers that you receive?

Perhaps we are not praying because we don’t want to put God to the test. He just might not answer our requests in the way we would like. Can God really be trusted with my faith? Perhaps I have too little faith. Perhaps that is why my prayers are not being answered.

As I write this article on faith, I realize more has been written on this subject than any other….prayer and suffering come close....I wrestle with the same dilemma as you. Why isn’t God moving in this request? Will my faith withstand the pressure of God’s “NO”? (see the multifaceted answers here). Barbara Hyland, guest writer

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments