Yes, That's What It's All About!

The following above titled article from an unknown author is designed to motivate members of the Lord’s church to be more faithful in attendance. The bottom line of the article says it all:

Many times, I have gone over the various reasons why Christians should attend every service of the church. We are to obey the elders (Hebrews 13:7,17), to seek God’s kingdom first (Matthew 6:33), to be ready unto every good work (Titus 3:1), to avoid being a stumbling block (Matthew 18:6), to edify others (1 Thessalonians 5:11), to make our bodies a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1).

I have preached sermons using the above main points. I hoped that it would sink in, but often the words seemed to glance off people’s hearts like water off a duck’s back. It is like trying to convince a man that he should love his wife or trying to prove to parents that they should love their children. It is though we are trying to convince the head when the heart isn’t really in it.

I try to attend every possible service of the church. I do not have a long list of elaborated reasons for doing so. I just love the church and want to see it succeed. Therefore, every time the doors are open, there is another opportunity, a privilege, and a responsibility to be there to help out.

I don’t buy the “I’m too busy” bit. Show me a person who forsakes worship privileges because he is so busy, and I’ll show you people every bit as busy but who never miss a service except for extreme illness or other similar prohibiting problems. It’s a matter of love for the Lord and the church. That, pure and simple, is all that it is. Jesus once said, “If you love Me, keep My commandments” (John 14:15).

If you love ME….” That’s the answer! “If you LOVE me ….

Yes, that’s what it’s all about!

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments