How God Works

If we really understood how God works then I suppose we would have the mind of God.  As I recall there was a woman in Genesis who desired the same thing (Genesis 3:1-6). During my recent illness I have come to understand that God’s working is not always what I would like or desire. I want instant healing. I want to be pain free. I want my anxiety and depression to be lifted.

Sometimes, He does His healing in stages and sometimes instantly. Sometimes He simply lets me wait it out. But yet I can see one way where God is working. He sends me encouragement through friends.

Along with many prayers for my healing I have received lovely cards. Each one carries a different message. But there was one card that particularly touched me. I am going to quote it….perhaps it will touch your spirit as it did mine.

I know that He lives…for I saw Him today in the hand that was offered to me on my way…..In the warmth of a smile that was offered to cheer me…..In the touch of a friend who took time just to hear me. I heard His voice in the words of support whispered to me when my hope had run short. Yes, I know that He lives for I see how He sends His love every day…..in the caring of friends” (source).

Now I know one way that God works! He works through you (Philippians 2:12-13; 1 Thessalonians 1:1-8). —Barbara Hyland, guest writer

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Article:

Comments