Reading People Through The Power Of Simple Observation

As I was walking up and down my thirty degree incline this morning (a part of a concrete water drainage ditch), I saw a young lady (about 25-30 years old) walking her German Shepherd dog. There is a pathway close to the incline that leads to one of the main streets. She was in the process of taking her dog down the pathway, when she saw me walking up and down the incline. Being about 30 yards away, she immediately did a 180 degree turn and walked her dog along another side street.

Given the gift of being able to read people (as my late grandmother could), I made the following five "reads" about this young lady, not knowing anything about her:
Beloved we never know what we can learn on a morning's walk, reading people through the power of simple observation.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Related Articles:

Comments