"I Am Healthy, Wealthy, And Wise"

Anyone familiar with the Bible, knows that Solomon believed in the power of the mind (Proverbs 23:6-7; cf. Genesis 11:1-6 AMP). Napoleon Hill once stated: "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" (source).

Years ago, a young lady that I worked with, asked me why I very rarely was absent from the workplace because of sickness. I pointed to my head and stated, "If you truly think and believe you are sick mentally, your body will eventually become sick, but if you truly think and believe you are healthy and well, your body will respond in kind."

Beloved, here's a suggestion to test the power of your mind: When your body gives you signals that something doesn't feel quite right, and you begin to feel the signs of a possible cold or flu coming about, just believe and repetitively say the following words in your mind: "I am healthy, wealthy, and wise."

In other words, believe that your mind and body are healthy, you are wealthy in the sense that you have the fullness of God's strength and grace (2 Corinthians 12:9; Philippians 4:13), and you are wise, in the knowledge that you are doing those things that promote health and wellness (see article). Additionally, I take natural vitamin C and Zinc tabs on a daily basis, in order to build up my immune system, drink six to eight glasses of water per day, and get plenty of bed rest.

Test the above suggestion, and see if it works (you have nothing to lose, and your health to gain). When I have put the above suggestion into practice (as I have multiple times in my life), I immediately thwart the possibility of becoming sick in both mind and body. And even if I acquire a common cold, its duration is shortened to maybe two or three days.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments