Simplifying Our Lives

Simplifying our lives, is one way of adding more years to our life here on earth (see article). Simple is always better. I totally agree with Forbes contributor, Joshua Becker, in his article entitled, "Five Reasons To Wear The Same Thing Every Day" ..... minimizing our daily wardrobe, reduces the amount of decisions we have to make each day, causing us to focus on what's really important, thus making us more productive (see video).

I especially appreciated Mr. Becker's fourth reason to wear the same thing everyday ..... Embrace Forever Fashion. My late grandmother was a very frugal individual. She didn't spend a great deal of money on clothes, simply because she focused on the more important things in life (Matthew 6:31-33). One day, I looked in her clothes closet and noticed that her clothes were old and outdated.

I asked her, "Grandma, why don't you buy some new clothes and keep up with the latest fashion?" Her response was, "Oh, I don't worry about it, the clothes you are looking at will come back in fashion in about six months." Sure enough, in about six months, they did. She was one smart woman, and I miss her invaluable wisdom.

Here are some simplifying your life quotes along with some related articles, emphasizing the need to keep our lives simple.

Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets 

Comments