Old Age Has Its Benefits!

As this writer looked at this picture of people spending Thanksgiving lining up around the Target store, I'm thankful that I no longer have to waste my time doing what these folks are fruitlessly doing. I'm reminded of what the Lord said in John 9:4: "I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work."

Beloved, a successful spiritual life is based on setting spiritual priorities, making wise use of our time (see here), placing our emphasis on prayer.

This writer is thankful to the God of heaven and earth, that He can use me as an instrument for spiritually enriching the lives of not only this generation, but future generations as well (Psalm 78:1-8), through the online teaching of His word (see here).

Regarding old age, my sentiments are best expressed in the words of this poem by an unknown author.

Yes, old age has its benefits!

---Mike Riley, Gospel Snippets

Comments